Hi again !
Digital Workshop has released recently Its last version of Opus Creator 9 and Opus Pro 9 as well as an other version much more complicated of the pro edition and what have digital workshop brought and New features is the android Packager .
The android packager included recently in Opus Pro 9 only and it publish your presentation as an android package with the APK extension like those on Google play Store .if you still didn’t understand it here it is : Opus is a graphical designer for publications that can include animations, images, texts and even scripts : all of these Via many tools , So basically you can create android Applications without a single Script and that is huge !
this software is available on the market via digital Workshop official website and it is a payed software , a little bit expensive : 600$ for pro 9 version
but you still can get a 30 days trial period but all of your publications will have some kind of banner that sticks for 2 sec on your apps saying that you created this app with opus pro trial version .
If you are familiar with older versions of this software you will have huge opportunities to start your applications now or even publish your old ones as android apps. If not you can get a full support From digital workshop support team , and it is not for free .
in the following tutorial i am showing the basic features that you can Find when using Opus pro 9 :
first lets begin with an general overview ;
– what you will instantly remark after installing opus pro 9 (30 days trial or full version ) that it has the same icon as the previous Opus pro version and opus creator .
– An other thing you will remark is the basic same interface of the previous versions which is actually very beneficial for most users that had previous skills with this software , so you don’t have to adapt yourself to any other interface :
– a third thing is the new options in the new publication type choose window : here you will find the Android packager with the ordinary android icon and the HTML5 packager too along with the old options :
as we are not really interested in any kind of publication in this tutorial so i am picking an android publication.
here is the interface : every number corresponds to certain definition you will find later below :
1 : it is The main insert panel , here you can start building the main visible objects of your publication as images and text or input texts. so from the right to left and from the top to down here are all tools functions:
– the small arrow is for the basic object moving and clicking it is basically the anything tool, it is automatically selected.
– it is a small tool made to resize objects you will not need this tool for anything as long as you have a mouse
– it is a crop tool made to crop images it will automatically enabled when you are selecting an image in your publication
– Frame creator : it creates frames that you can use to put things into and group them together to move or edit as one
– multiframe creator : creates a frame that contains other frames it is used to group many frames into one, you will see its utility later !
– rollover : basically it is an multiframe but it is automatically configured to respond to mouse actions like showing the default frame when on default statue and an other frame when clicked on it !
– Tween : also a multiframe hosting many frames but this time you can play them on a particular order showing all the frames in the tween one by one.
– Questions tool : this is a new tool for opus pro 9 it creates basic questions style including simple true and false questions and the hotspot based questions that you have to click on ( a good tool for creating hidden seen object games )
– it is the text tool you can use it to create a text field and write something the user will see but not edit, but you can still convert it to an input text while keeping the same graphical aspect from the propriety menu.
– the input text tool , basically creates a box for the user to write something inn works with variables that you can check it from the input text tab in the propriety menu
– button creation tool , opus pro 9 gives new types of buttons, the radio button that you can click on and off check it out !
– That is the youtube embed video creation tool , yes from this version of opus you can embed youtube videos in your publication, basic settings not much to learn. this tool doesn’t come in that place in the panel you can add it by right clicking and the panel and selecting customize .
– the image creation tool : it creates boxes to put an image in it. the size of these boxes is variable so if you want to modify the position of your image and the space it takes, you will have to use the image creation settings in the image panel that opens automatically to you or from the propriety menu
– the quick time video creation tool : creates videos from quick time format : MP4 and Mov
– drawings tool : this tool contains many to draw : from basic shapes to numbers, variety of shapes to use in your publications when needed.
– hotspot drawing tool : basically it is the same drawings as the precedent tool but the shapes are initially hidden from the user.
– path creation tool : with this tool you can create paths for objects to follow, various shapes are available and you can just use the basic shapes to create your own paths. we will see the path animations later.
– video creation tool : you will just create video boxes to import videos to your publication from your hard drive and not from internet.
– slideshow creation tool : here you can create slideshows that will show images one by one. it is similar to a multiframe but this one is much more easy to handle. transitions between images are also available do don’t be afraid to use them.
– play a sound tool : it will just help you put a automatically played sound as a background sound. it is not very useful though
– browser creation tool : creates browser to navigate the internet with it. it is a IE based browser. configuring the navigation is available in the next tutorials.fro now you can only load one page
– timeline creation tool : you can create timelines that you can use to organize your publication timing. it does organize the showing and the hiding of your objects for example.
– the script creation tool : it does create scripts for your publication
– the list box creation tool : creates a list generated in a small box with scroll bars on the right, you actually need a variable that contains the list to use it with this tool.
– the scroll bars creation tool : you just need to click on some objects and add your scroll bars.
Thank you for reading the next part will be about the rest of the interface so keep up and don’t forget to download opus professional 9 trial version from here and try it before buying it!